Microwave and light wave are both electromagnetic waves. They share common phenomena of all waves, such as reflection, refraction, polarization, interference, and diffraction. However, as the wavelength of a microwave is about 4 orders larger than that of a visible light wave, the experimental phenomena and apparatus of microwave are different.
This LEEI-62 experimental system of microwave interference, diffraction and polarization consists of a microwave transmitter with a variable attenuator, a microwave detector with amplifier and meter display, a transmitting horn and a receiving horn, as well as other accessories such as single slit, double slits, beam splitter, crystal model, etc. It can provide quantitative measurements of a series of experiments such as:
1. Verify reflection law of electromagnetic wave
2. Measure intensity distribution of single slit diffraction
3. Measure intensity distribution of double slits interference
4. Measure microwave wavelength through interference of Michelson interferometer
5. Study polarization and verify Malus' law
6. Verify Bragg diffraction of crystal model