Due to small size, ease of use, high accuracy, and suitability for measurement of both AC and DC magnetic fields, Hall device has been widely used to measure magnetic fields. Together with other devices, it is used for automatic control and measurements of position, displacement, speed, angle, and other physical quantities. This apparatus is designed to help students understand the principle of Hall effect, measure the sensitivity of a Hall element, and learn how to use a Hall element to measure magnetic field intensity. It has the following attractions:
1. GaAs Hall element has high sensitivity, wide linear range, and small temperature coefficient.
2. Small working current of Hall element yields stable and reliable experimental data.
3. Visible shape and structure of test sample and Hall element yield intuitive result.
4. Durable instrument incorporates protective mechanism.
Using this apparatus, the following experiments can be performed:
1. Acquire the relationship between the Hall current and the Hall voltage under a DC magnetic field.
2. Measure the sensitivity of a GaAs Hall element.
3. Measure the magnetization curve of silicon steel material using a GaAs Hall element.
4. Measure a magnetic field distribution along horizontal direction using a Hall element.