This LEAI-22 experimental system of Faraday and Zeeman effects consists of a main machine unit (including Teslameter, light source power supply, etc.), an electromagnet with a rotation stage, a He-Ne laser with power supply, a pencil Mercury lamp, focusing/imaging lenses, an interference optical filter, a F-P etalon, a polarizer, a photodetector, a direct reading microscope with optional CCD camera, USB image acquisition box, and analysis software. It is an ideal experimental instrument for advanced physics laboratories.
Using this instrument, the following experiments can be conducted:
1. Observe Zeeman effect, and understand atomic magnetic moment and spatial quantization in atomic physics
2. Observe the splitting and the polarization of a Mercury atomic spectral line at 546.1 nm
3. Calculate electron charge-mass ratio based on Zeeman splitting amount
4. Learn how to adjust a Fabry-Perot etalon and apply a CCD device in spectroscopy
5. Measure magnetic field intensity using a Teslameter, and determine magnetic field distribution
6. Observe Faraday effect, and measure Verdet constant using light extinction method